We Extend Our Grateful Thanks
This celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the 1955 World Scout Jamboree involves many people and organizations. The Anniversary Committee wishes to acknowledge the contribution of those who helped make this event a success:
- This event is partially funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
- The Foster Hewitt Foundation paid for the commemorative plaque.
- The commemorative plaque was manufactured by Matthews Canada Ltd.
- Lou Cahill of OEB International provided invaluable assistance in public relations.
- Mike Reid of Keme Sales (Video) Inc. in Montreal copied the Jamboree film to DVD.
- The Niagara Parks Commission which planted the Floral Clock with a Scouting theme, planted a memorial oak, and has provided other valuable assistance.
- Ron Dale and the staff of Fort George National Historic Site have provided invaluable support and enthusiastic participation.
- Scouts Canada and the Scouts Canada Foundation have endorsed the project and provided support in many ways.
- DigitalRoutes provided hosting for the event web site.
- Paul Walman of Sherwood Digital Copy Centre in Kitchener provided printing services
- The Scout Brigade of Fort George has cooperated extensively, allowing us to integrate our events.
- The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake has provided assistance and support.
- The Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce has helped immensely with publicity for the event.
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) granted permission for the reproduction of their broadcasts from the Jamboree.
- The Niagara Historical Society Museum for showing an exhibit including photos and artifacts from the 1955 Jamboree.
- The Scouts on Stamps Society International (SOSSI), Maple Leaf Chapter worked with Canada Post to create a commemorative postal cancel and cover for the event. They also mounted a display at the event.
- The Canadian Badgers' Club and the Scout Memorabilia Collectors of Canada mounted displays at the event.
- The Preston Scout House Band played at the parade.